Saturday, January 05, 2008

fix you

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you



Definitely listened to that song way too much yesterday. In fact, past that. It was way too much after the sixth time. Past six times, it was like, "Are you crazy, out of your mind?!?!"

Dear Carol-Lee Joy:
Yes, now I know what you mean.
And yes, sometimes it is nice to cry with someone.
And yes, it is nice to "spill it. all of it."
But sometimes, wouldn't you rather keep it to yourself and hang on to the fact that you have a secret that no one else knows? And wouldn't you rather save it for times when you are alone, when you can bring it out and think about it and cry and not worry about someone's probing eyes searching you and wondering and dying to ask?
From: Nadine

2 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

yes, I would sometimes. But it hurts more when you keep it to yourself. That's what the communion of the saints is for. And friends that care. They help carry the load.

nadine j. said...

Do you think it's wrong to keep things to yourself? Is it kind of a slap in the face to friends and the communion of saints?
...
Sometimes I wish I talked to people more, like really talk to them. But usually I like to keep it inside. However, sometimes it comes out without my permission and it's unexpected. But even then I don't like to talk, I like to go for a walk or put my head down so people won't see. Is that bad?