Monday, January 28, 2008

Ah Lego, the essence of youth.

I would like to wish a very sincere "Happy 50th anniversary" to Lego. You have been a very great part of my childhood and I will never forget the many hours I spent trying to make something that was [and I quote] "way cooler than yours, Christopher." But then, Len would come along with his magnificent airplane and blow us both out of the water. I remember that Len had all of the really cool sets and Christopher and I were never allowed to touch them unless he was there [Christopher and I had the houses and stuff that had tons of pieces missing so you could never build them properly]. Len also had a transport truck , it was so cool. I remember that sometimes, I would build a car (which I thought was wonderful) and Len would laugh his fool head off at it. So I would pretend I meant to make it hideous and I would put it on the float of the transport truck and push it to Len and tell him that my car needed repairs.

Wow, Lego, you really brought the family together. I remember we had the Muis family at our house [the big Muis family] for Christmas and the lego was brought out. There were so many people playing Lego that afternoon. It was incredible.

Therefore, happy anniversary Lego. I hope you continue to make really cool stuff because I'm going to buy you for my kids. [And then I'll play with it...when no one's looking...actually, I'll play with it when people are looking, because I love Lego, a lot.]

4 comments:

maria. said...

You need a room for Lego in your haphazard house, Nadine. A room solely for the use of lego.

maria. said...

Your own house, I mean. Where ever you may live.

nadine j. said...

Indeed, although, I think I may bring lego into many of my rooms because I love it so much

ehehhehehe

I'm going to have a rather interesting house. :D

Anonymous said...

im a lego lover too