Friday, October 06, 2006

So, right now I'm doing a fiendish sudoku, it's pretty fiendish all right! Very difficult! I have like, not even half filled in yet...but that's okay, because I'm not giving up...yet.
So, yesterday I was having an amazingly difficult conversation with someone I know. It was really wierd, because I was asking all these hard questions about how she could believe how she does (never doubting and strong). So I was asking questions about how she knew He was there. And she answsered me by saying:
He is right there with you, Nadine even if you don't feel Him. If you draw really close to Him then you can know that He is there. It's different when you pray about things and watch for God to answer them. You can ask God to do things in your life and then trust that He will answer them according to what He thinks is best for you and then wait and see what He does.
I made some random replies in there, but I thought it would be best to leave it out. After that, we went on to talk about how if God wasn't upholding this earth, we would all be nothing.
She said something later, that really struck me,
Faith is only confusing when you are running from the truth.
I think that is well worth remembering. When she said that, I objected and said I wasn't running from the truth, but I guess I kind of am, I'm not really accepting that God is there, I'm not taking the step to trust in Him completely, for everything, because it's too scary and I'm a wimp. My mind is full of questions like "What if we're wrong and there is no life after death?" And then there are people who are so amazingly strong, and always there to help you, but maybe you don't want to talk to them, because they make you feel inadequate...if you know what I mean?

Another thing, she told me to look at the text James 4:8a. It shows exactly what you (or me) should do in this situation.

Come near to God and He will come near to you.

No comments: