Monday, June 02, 2008

Miste' Fossy, I've been thinking...


this, clearly, is the gerbera which catherine yvonne hordyk purchased for me at the campfire! pants & plants evening. it's quite lovely.





[the name pants & plants is courtsey of daniel muis and sarah vanpopta]





also. i have discovered some things slash i have learned some things slash i am in the process of discovering some things slash i am in the process of learning some things.

  • there are certain people with whom i feel very comfortable driving (even at very high velocities)
  • it's good to admit that you're nervous even to someone whom you wouldn't normally tell
  • i like to sing. but mostly when no one else is listening because then i feel comfortable "belting it out"
  • sometimes, sadness is refreshing, as odd as that may sound
  • there are some amazing people in this world that i'm just finding out about, some i've gone to school with for several years, some i've just met, some i've known for my whole life, some i've known for their whole life, most i haven't met yet
  • it's fun to play mario kart, even if you're not good at it
  • living worship remains one of my favourite activities
  • i like to laugh. loudly, clearly, obnoxiously, contagiously
  • i'm very easily distracted and excited. and i like it
  • God has a plan for me. and i don't [need to] know what it is
  • i miss people more than i thought. or more than i planned to
  • i also miss people less than i thought. or less than i planned to
  • my bedroom makes me feel welcome and at home
  • my family is pretty dang cool
  • sometimes i enjoy writing without capitalization, even though i'm breaking the rules of grammar
  • i like to bake. cookies, cakes, cinnamon buns, bread, things that are pleasant to eat, sometimes things that aren't pleasant to eat just to say that i made a mistake and then i chuckle to myself
  • i like relationships with people. real relationships. even if i sometimes show minimal efforts and therefore also minimal results
  • watching things is interesting. wind, spiders, people, flowers, insects, grass, cars, rocks, the sun
  • listening to things is sometimes better, but not always. cars, trucks, birds, wind, leaves, music, voices in song or in speech, trees, the sun
  • i like to hope that people aren't afraid to tell me when i'm being a jerk or when i'm doing something stupid. i like to hope that.
  • i like revelation 22:7-21 and 1 timothy 4

7 comments:

Lawren said...

I pretty much agree with everything there (except the baking part, because I've never baked, but I'm sure I would like it if I did).

But especially the relationship efforts/results part. Something to think about, I s'pose.

nadine j. said...

Yeah. You should definitely try baking some time, it's really fun, even when you screw it up sometimes.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the relationships/results part a lot. It's weird. I spend a lot of time thinking about it and not near so much in prayer, speaking to God. My meager diet of prayer needs a lot of work in comparison with the amount of time I spend running things over with myself.

Nadine.

P.S. I'm excited to go to camp with you!

Ju said...

baking? good cookies this weekend by the by.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i like the title to your post.

"i mean, look at the crew..... they're all (pause) monkeys."
"...You mean, in the Darwinian sense sir?"
"No. I mean in the quite literal sense."

Carol-Lee Joy said...

hmm.

relationships are very interesting, intense, complex, amazing, frustrating, wonderful gifts. i hate how many relationships i've taken, and do take, for granted.

especially the relationship with God that i could never do without.

Anonymous said...

so true about relationships

its kinda crazy how i see some people every day and just use that as an excuse not to actually talk.
i like how we've been talking more often.
i like you.

nadine j. said...

Julia: I also like this title. I didn't really know how to get the mister part right... ah well. The cookies are gone now. I just finished the last two... wahahahha

Carol-Lee: That is what I mean. Relationships are really hard to "do" well. I often do "forget" (more pretend to forget) to hang out with people and talk to them..."Share one another's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

Kira: I like that we're talking more too. Even though it makes me late for class sometimes. :) Walking soon! With J and J. Or maybe another girls' night? Before Justine leaves us!

justine said...

I enjoyed this post!! :)