Thursday, December 20, 2007

your only neice

There's something exciting about having your only neice on your lap and spinning in circles on an office chair with her screaming, quite loudly I might add.
And playing music and dancing shamelessly with her.
And when she hides on you and you go to find her and once you do, you hoist her into the air and twirl her around and she screams again.
And the fact that she says "Again. Again!" when you put her down.
And the way she yells your name from the top of the stairs when you get home.
And making a gingerbread house with her slowly and surreptitiously eating all the candies while you wonder at how they are so swiftly disappearing.

2 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I met her last night!! She is so cute...and I think slightly spoiled:) She was trying to say my name and she just couldn't get it out right. And then she told me goodbye, as in like "okay, you're names too hard. Leave already!" And then....and then she said it pretty much perfectly...pretty much:) She's definately really cute.

nadine j. said...

I love her so much.