Thursday, November 20, 2008

finding enjoyment

I enjoy the fact that I can sit inside on a snowy day next to the wood stove with my cat and drink tea.

I enjoy the fact that I can be sorry and you can forgive me.

I enjoy the fact that I can speak with my minister and he understands me and doesn't pretend that he knows everything; he speaks back as another sinful human being who struggles just like me.

I enjoy the fact that I can write letters with people and still get replies back, even though we are in the supposed "Technology Age" or something.

I enjoy the fact that I don't know everything because it means there is still so much more to learn.

I enjoy the fact that my family really likes music, because I am a part of it and I can partake in that music and almost live to the beat.

I enjoy the fact that on the bus at school I draw pictures and write words on my binder because other people look at what I'm writing and drawing and think about it.

I enjoy the fact that I am never finished my 'To Do' List because it means I should never be bored.

I enjoy the fact that I day-dream because it makes me laugh.

I enjoy the fact that I am able to learn because it means I will try.

I enjoy the fact that music exists so I can hear it and love it.

I enjoy the fact that sometimes I just sit and be happy that I exist.

I enjoy the fact that I can speak because it means I can convey thoughts to others...sometimes.

I enjoy the fact that I can still be bored, sometimes bored is a great place to be.

I enjoy the fact that I can feel my cat on my legs because it means that we are real.

I enjoy the fact that I can wake up in the morning and feel terrified and my heart is beating far faster than normal and I am curled into a ball and I glance around my room in fear because it means I have an imagination and that I dream.

I enjoy the fact that I have a family and I know them.

I enjoy the fact that I am light-hearted because it means that I laugh a lot.

I enjoy the fact that my eyes change colour because I can check them every morning and have a surprise.

I enjoy the fact that one of the buttons is falling off my coat because it means I'll get to fix it soon.

I enjoy the fact that I exist because it means I can see people, and talk to them, and feel their presence, and be with them.

I enjoy the fact that I have eyes because I can see the beautiful colours of God's creation.

I enjoy the fact that things exist that I don't necessarily like because I can be taught to appreciate them even though I don't like them.

I enjoy the fact that there are words I don't know so that I look them up in a dictionary.

I enjoy the fact that there are tomorrows and todays and yesterdays.

I enjoy the fact that I love my family [cousins (honorary and unavoidable), aunts (honorary and unavoidable), uncles (honorary and unavoidable), nieces, sisters, parents, grandparents included] because it means I can spend time with them and enjoy that they exist and that we coexist.

I enjoy the fact that there are people I look up to and can look up to.

I enjoy the fact that there is tea for cold, snowy mornings.

I enjoy the fact that people make sounds and that I can see it as sound, not just noise.

I enjoy the fact that sometimes jokes go way over my head and I think about them later (a lot later) and I finally understand them and then I laugh very hard.

I enjoy the fact that people recognize you even if you change your hair colour.

1 comment:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

I enjoy the fact that I know Nadine, and that she calls me her honorary and obligatory cousin.

I enjoy the fact that I can write letters to Nadine and she replies to them.

I enjoy the fact that Nadine laughs a lot.

I enjoy the fact that Nadine writes interesting posts like this one so that I can read them and think about them.

I enjoy the fact that Nadine is a beautiful person, both inside and out.

I enjoy the fact that God created friendships like the one I share with Nadine.