Monday, October 27, 2008

bank tellers are people too.

sometimes I forget.

Today I went to the bank. The bank teller asked if I had an older brother and I hesitantly said, "yes, I have three." Then she asked if one of them was going to Mexico and I, again hesitantly, answered yes. I was in the process of asking how she knew this when she told me that he had been there earlier and she recognized the last name.

In the car, I told Christopher the story. He laughed. I told him that she had just blown my mind. I had forgotten that bank tellers are people too.
They have brains, and livers, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh
because you were like "they have brains and livers too"
and i thought you were going to write lives
but then you wrote livers
i dunno if you mean to do that
but it was funny
thats all.

Amy said...

Hah! I read livers with a long vowel sound on the 'i' so I didn't think it was that funny until I read Kira's comment, then I laughed out loud! :P
Anyway, its crazy how we forget that people out there are real.

nadine j. said...

I meant to say livers.
I definitely did.

...
But I s'pose lives would work well too.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

well, it made me smile too. especially after I just read these comments.

but.....Nadine saying "livers" doesn't really surprise me because she IS a nursing student and talks about body parts and brains and such a LOT lately:)

justine said...

I had to read livers twice, but I got it. AND I laughed. :P

Funny, because people at TIm Hortons are people too. And all the people that work in offices. I always forget that----people who work in little cubicles inside big office buildings and who come outside for a quick smoke break before disappearing behind dark tinted glass and shiny floors inside the building again...sometimes they don't know how to park, and sometimes they leave lots of cigarette butts...but they're people too.