Thursday, February 07, 2008

now-limited-amount-of-wall

I explored my house today and found a box. This box was full of incriminating evidence regarding the childhood of the children Muis. These are my favourite boxes and it is always enjoyable to me to go through them. There are several "classic" items that I enjoy to read(journals from elementary school). However, I saw today some things I had never seen before (cards to mom or dad from Daniel and Julia upon which each state that they love said individual more than the other).

I learned that I once wrote a story about a rabbit and a fox(? I think it was a fox...). In this story, the rabbit has a picnic basket and doesn't know where to have his picnic so he asks the fox where he should have it and the fox tells him to have it in the river. So he does and, as a result, he gets "socking wet" [as I so eloquently put it]. Therefore, the moral of the story is: "Don't listen to other people's advice".

I also found invitations from my parents' wedding, so I took one and placed it on the now-limited-amount-of-wall in my room. Another item which joined the collage that is my bedroom is a card from my eldest sister, Christina, to me regarding my fourth birthday.

I discovered pictures of all the children Muis from back when we were little and cute. They too will soon join the cause of eliminating any wall-space in my bedroom.

...
I don't know what I'll do when my wall becomes full.

However, I recently discovered that the ceiling is just another wall, but horizontal, why can't I continue my collage on it?

5 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

i think i need to meet your bedroom sometime. sounds like a walk down Nadine lane...the younger Nadine i don't know. please?

nadine j. said...

Of course you may! But I shall have to clean it up for you...it's a horrible mess. Once severe clean-up occurs, you may visit my bedroom.

maria. said...

Nadine has been saying that she will tidy up her room for the past 6 months.

nadine j. said...

hah, that's true...I have been. but, I did clean it up when Julia vacuumed it. Which was January...ew, I should really get on that!

Carol-Lee, you may be waiting a while!

nadine j. said...

You know what? It would be so cool if there really was a "Nadine Lane"
...
I would like it.