Tuesday, May 13, 2008

to Carol-Lee

Thank you for the unexpected visit.
Thank you for talking and making me talk too.
Thank you for prayers together.
Thank you for devos(I should start that again...sorry).
Thank you for encouragement.
Thank you for quoting Bible passages to/with(mostly to) me.
Thank you for being able to sit with me and not say a word and still managing to make me feel comforted.
Thank you for laughing hysterically with me.
Thank you for being able to be serious.
Thank you for finally being able to look me in the eyes and not laugh.

To sum up, thanks for friendship.

I always feel like I have to say so many words to make people understand where I'm coming from. Many big, intelligent-sounding words make me feel more adequate somehow. But after I say them, it makes me feel superfluous, lame, and fake. I'm sorry I feel like I have to sound intelligent and use big words to make you understand.

Yeah. I love you Carol-Lee. I hope you know that.

From Nadine


To: whoever introduced me to Carol-Lee,
Thanks.
From, Nadine

5 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

To Nadine:

You are an amazing friend. I admit sometimes it is frustrating, but I love you. And I thank God for you. Thank YOU for your friendship!

Love Carol-Lee Joy

PS I think you have Kira, Justine and Anton to thank for introducing me to you. Remember Dan's party?

nadine j. said...

To Carol-Lee

I definitely am not an asset to an easy relationship. I'm sorry that I am so often stubborn, selfish, and (dare I admit it?) unreasonable.

Hooray for friends!
bahahahahaha. Sorry, that made me laugh.

Love, Nadine

P.S. I think you're right. No wait, it was pre-camp?
I definitely do remember Dan's party.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

oh yeah! pre-camp. I think we have campfire to thank then...but Kira still played a part in that...actually, come to think of it, that's when I met Mrs. Lodder and Kira too! wow.

nadine j. said...

I just remember sitting at the campfire and Kira and I asked you to come sit with us.
:)

Anonymous said...

well in that case....your welcome!
just kidding
i actually can't remember it at all sooo i wont take the credit.
i only remember making carol-lee a heart cookie