Thursday, November 29, 2007

'Tis nice

I like it that I can see the snow swirling on the road when it's dark because it means that I'm alive.
.
I like it that my coat has one special button that is only special if you look real close because it means that I have a special surprise just for me every time I wear it.
.
I like it that the weather is getting colder and I can feel it in my fingers and toes, because it means that my blood is pumping.
.
I like it that there are people in my life who are not afraid to tell me when I'm wrong and to show me the right way because it means I am loved.
.
I like it that I can ask people questions and I receive answers, not derision and scorn, because it means other people have been where I am.
.
I like it that my swing is still up, even though it's snowing, because it means I can still use it when I am bundled up in a coat, and scarf, and mitts.
.
I like it that God pushes me in big ways and small ways, because it means He is there.
.
I like it that I can talk to people and they listen to me because it means that they care.
.
I like it that food is good for you, because it tastes so good.
.
I like it that tea can really hit the spot when I'm in a foul mood because it means I'm about to feel happier.
.
I like it that people can tease me because it means that they know me.
.
I like it that playing piano makes me happy, because it makes piano worth playing.

3 comments:

Carol-Lee Joy said...

i like all those things too. i need to add one though.

I like that Nadine talks to me and asks me hard questions because that means she likes me and is my friend and it makes me think about things more.

nadine j. said...

I guess I can let you add that. :)

justine said...

I like it when I get a lump in my throat, because it means things really are real.